Thursday, January 1, 2009

Google Docs

After exploring Google Docs I have to say that I think that it's easier to use than Microsoft Word. I'm surprised that this is so, considering that I, like everyone else my age, have been using Microsoft Word since grade school and am, obviously, quite used to it.

I wish that this tool had been around when I was in college. It would have made group papers/projects so much easier. I will definitely use this Google Docs at work from now on. A colleague who works at another library branch and I will soon be working on a presentation that we are giving in the spring. Using Google Docs will allow us to work on the same document without having to e-mail each other drafts.

Also, from now on I will suggest to customers at the library that they use Google Docs instead of Word. This could prevent problems with customers creating documents in one program and not being able to open it on library computers because we don't have the program on which it was originally created.

No comments: